Well, I actually sometimes spend my time by making up a names for a tracks, which I could, in future, compose, if I would somehow become a musician. Who knows, life is long. Would an addict brew his own dope? But I think it won’t do any harm if I show some of them here. It would be honor if famous Shpongle guys would adopt some of them, though I think they’ve a lot of their track names, sometimes it’s the least diffcult part of music making.
These imaginary track names are surprisingly much more obvious than the genre standard (does being “Schnitzl’d in Negev” have something in common with schnitzel?), because they’re mostly wordplays.
- Oasis of Amfet-Ameen (yeah, the amphetamine may sometimes be an oasis for somebody)
- Gengis Khannabis (the pipe of peace is called so, because anybody, who smokes it, is unable to fight afterwards)
- All Baba Doing Charas (it’s a quote from a certain traveller’s book who couldn’t hire any carriers in Nepal because all of them were busy in hash making season)
- Ticking Bong (there’s no reason to run away from a bong, wait for it to explode in your mind!)
- Devic Mental Tranceformation (a variation on a well known topic)
- Genius psyLoci (genius loci is a “spirit of place”, genius psyloci is a spirit of psylocibe mushrooms, you got the point, huh?)
- Aurora Cerebralis (the colourful glare in my inner sight, while being intoxicated, once reminded me of the aurora borealis)
- Lethal Shamanium Dose (again a variation)
- Looking Grass (in my language, “grass” means the pot, and it certainly has a sight altering effects )
DiMuTech: wow, that’s really good idea!
You certainly remember to eat your Shpongle Flakes every morning :D