My personal top 10:
1. Trancespotter. Simply because it’s the best! What in this world or the next posessed you, when you created this, mr Posford? I don’t know, but I would like to be posessed by it too, to be sure! What did it do to you? Open your skull and plug its infernal electrodes into your brain? I feel like I’m being abducted by electrical, dancing phantasms!
Those diabolical noises and scary voices send me rocketing into the next multiverse every time I hear it. It’s so good it’s almost mythical!
2. Space pussy. So unlike every other hallucinogen melody, and yet so breathtaking. It’s terrifying, it’s awesome, that universal vagina of cosmic chaos. It would be a great track to close a 3 hour-long set, to make the adrenaline peak and squeeze the last juice out of a tired, but absolutely thrilled crowd.
3. Fluoro neuro sponge. Because I love the way it’s produced. It’s trancey, it’s dancable, it’s unbelievably good. Words do not suffice here.
4. Deranger. Why? Because I wanna be lead, kicking and screaming, giggling and laughing into the future, while he relaxes me and is gonna GET me! This is one of my all-time favorites. The swooosh-sounds, the beat, the production. It all comes together so perfectly in this trip into the future. LOVE that Deranger. He makes me happy. Enlightment comes out of my happy chaos.
5. Horrorgram. SImply because it saves my day and injects me with 10cc’s of happiness whenever I’m depressed.
6. Gamma Goblins pt. 2. Eerie, creepy and so well-conceived, it’s almost like being born again to dance to it.
7. Shamanix. Because that voice in the beginning of the track always brings out a roar of happiness from the crowds. We dont expect to go to sleep for a year, we’re on f*cking fire! And we love it.
8. Solstice. This is indeed a substitute for religion. This melody creates a very special image and atmosphere in my head. Like watching the sunset and that beautiful transition between day and nightfall. When night falls, the moon smiles on me, whenever I play this one.
9. Long long arms. What can I say? It’s happy, it’s trancey, it’s funny.
10. Magik. One of the first hallucinogen tracks I heard. It’s dark, it’s powerful and it gets me everytime. I love it. And it is, in a sense, also a Shpongle track ^^ If only you would play it for me, just once, on your next gig.